Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Who ever heard of a Heterotopic Pregnancy?

WTF? I went in today for my 5 wk u/s and there is one nice little yolk sac in the uterus. Unfortunately, there's another yolk sac outside of the uterus. It appears to be in my left fallopian tube. They drew blood to check my hCG levels and will do so again on Fri to compare. I also will have another u/s on Fri.

If things go well, the embryo in the tube will cease to grow and my body will absorb it. If that doesn't happen, I'll have to have surgery to have it removed. I'm trying to find out about the success of keeping the in utero pregnancy when this happens.

Does anybody have any information on surgery for heterotopic pregnancy?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you don't have absolutely perfect news, but hopefully the outside sac will just go away. When is your next u/s? I hope you can avoid worrying too much and enjoy being pg!

    ReplyDelete